Norden has shared its highlights from the second quarter of 2019.
Second quarter of 2019
- Adjusted Result* for 2Q19: US$12 million (2Q18: US$4 million).
- Adjusted Result* for first half-year of 2019: US$-5 million (1H18:US$12 million).
- Dry Operator: US$-6 million (US$8 million).
- Dry Owner: US$-2 million (US$3 million).
- Tankers: US$-3 million (US$-8 million).
- Profit from sale of vessels: US$3 million.
* "Profit/loss for the period" adjusted for "Profit/loss from sale of vessels," etc.
Expectations for 2019
- Expectations for the adjusted result for the year are maintained at US$25 - US$60 million.
CEO Jan Rindbo commented: “Dry Operator entered the second quarter on the wrong foot but managed to quickly adjust its position to still generate a positive trading margin. However, this was not enough to prevent a loss in this business unit. Despite the disappointing result, we still expect Dry Operator to be profitable for the full year, which, combined with a firming forward Tanker market, enables NORDEN to maintain the overall guidance of US$25 - 60 million profit for 2019.”
To read the full report: https://www.ds-norden.com/public/dokumenter/reports/Q22019/Interimreportsecondquarter2019.pdf
Read the article online at: https://www.drybulkmagazine.com/shipping/16082019/norden-shares-highlights-from-second-quarter-results/
You might also like
Star Bulk has completed the second repurchase of 10 million of its common shares from Oaktree.