The final line-up of speakers for BULKEX17 has been published and the packed seminar programme includes 12 presentations from 14 different people. Bulk Handling Today and Tomorrow is set to be an unmissable bulk materials handling conference, with its variety of topical and technical talks on subjects such as BREXIT, new infrastructure projects, digitalisation, BIOMASS and new technology.
The annual two-day conference organised by the MHEA is taking place on 18 and 19 October at Eastwood Hall, Nottingham and is attracting interest from professionals within and outside the bulk materials handling industry.
Four new speakers announced are:
- Karl Woodhouse, Channel Development Manager, SAMSON describing materials handling at the Port of Abidjan with Sebastien Ghesquiere, President of SEA-TECH.
- Rizwan Chaudhry, General Engineering Manager at Clyde Bergemann presenting a paper on selecting the most suitable pneumatic conveying system for fly ash.
- Mike Bradley of The Wolfson Centre, discussing how to avoid problems with material flow, segregation and degradation in the power, port, quarrying and cement industries.
They join the previously announced speakers:
- Joe Owen, Senior Researcher, Institute for Government – BREXIT and trade: Key considerations the government faces and the implications for businesses.
- John Pethullis, Director, Southdowne Solutions – Ecostore Biomass Storage.
- Steven Harrison, Operations Director, Port of Tyne and Ian Atkinson, Engineering Director, CS Spencer – Build of a biomass import facility to cater for Lynemouth Power Station coal to biomass conversion.
- Andrew Hodgson, Strategic Sales Lead (Digitalisation), Siemens – Digitalisation for the bulk handling industry, what it means in realising real value through asset and data management.
- Chris Every, Commercial Director, Coomtech – New non-thermal technology for efficient, low cost drying of granular and powdered bulk materials.
- Darryn Quayle, Mining Engineer and Specialist, UKTI – Doing business in Latin America: a focus on the benefits and business opportunities in Chile.
- Matt Drew, Managing Director, Saxlund International – Designing a successful alternative fuel feed system.
- Declan Barry, Managing Director, ATEX Solutions – How to establish your basis of safety for explosion hazards in the materials handling industry.
- Dave Woods, Manager Application Specialists, Flexco – Documented reductions in breakage, dust and spillage at transfer points in the coal, grain and wood pellet industries.
Michael Kaye, Chairman of MHEA, said: “The presentation programme is the highlight of the conference and will be the chance to keep abreast of a range of subjects pertinent to materials handling in a concentrated timespan. With the supporting exhibition and networking opportunities, BULKEX17 is definitely the place to be on 18 and 19 October.”
Read the article online at: https://www.drybulkmagazine.com/product-news/31082017/bulkex17-programme-announced/