ASGCO® Engineering's onsite point cloud laser scanning technology produces precise, accurate 3D models
Published by Louise Mulhall,
ASGCO® Point Cloud Laser Scanner is a powerful high-speed Focus3D X 130 HDR 3D scanner, delivering realistic and true-to-detail scan results. The laser technology is more accurate than traditional methods because it looks at thousands of points along the clearance plane, not just a few sample points.
The ultra-portable Point Cloud Laser Scanner enables fast, straightforward, and yet accurate measurements of facades, complex structures, production and supply facilities, accident sites, and large-volume components.
Features and benefits
- Distance accuracy up to ±2 mm.
- Range from 0.6m up to 130 m.
- Noise reduction 50%.
- Safe and fast as-built data capturing with superior colour detail.
- Reliable life-like visualisation, even under extreme lighting conditions.
- Reduced complexity by integrated scanning and imaging workflow for all kinds of measurements even in challenging environments.
- Allows models to be overlayed onto cloud point scan to double check accuracy.
ASGCO® Point Cloud Laser Scanner delivers extraordinary colour overlays for scanned point clouds. This improves the visualisation of important details on site. The system can capture over 1 million points/sec. and can scan through 360° horizontally and vertically.
Once the chute and conveyor are modeled the image is overlaid into the cloud point scan to ensure there are no interferences and that all modelled equipment fits properly.
Read the article online at: https://www.drybulkmagazine.com/product-news/14072017/asgco-engineerings-onsite-point-cloud-laser-scanning-technology-produces-precise-accurate-3d-models/
You might also like
NW Trading and ABP agree deal for All Weather Terminal
NW Trading Ltd, has agreed a long-term deal with Associated British Ports (ABP) for the All Weather Terminal at the Port of Hull.